Seattle Artist Creates Life-Sized Nudes And Puts Them On Display In New York

Seattle Artist, Jason Matias, is showing his avant-guard art collection at Art Expo New York this April. These six foot works of art feature striking reds and blues and the nude form.

Bellevue, United States - April 17, 2018 /PressCable/ —

Jason Matias, a fine art photographer hailing from Bellevue, WA is debuting his art nude series for the first time at Art Expo New York. His gallery, just outside of Seattle, traditionally shows hyperreal landscape photo art. But Jason has been holding something back. Something he says he’s been too afraid to share with his audience because it is so far afield of his traditional work.

“Jason‘s nudes are striking in both composition and color theory,” says Suzie Rigby, a lifestyle designer and Art Representative from Northern California. “When he first showed them to me they took my breath away. He is a rare artist in that he excels at both landscape art and figure arts. He’s a crossover artist. Most artists succeed in one study or the other.”

Founder and Artistic Director of Arte Collective, Yubal Márquez Fleites, will be curating Jason’s work, who’s style and intriguing composition was particularly selected for this the 40th Anniversary of ArtExpo New York. Matia’s work will be on view at Arte Collective Booth 345, starting on Thursday, April 19th at 12:00pm until Sunday, April 22nd at 6:00pm in the Pier 92/94 Complex in New York City. Over 40,000 art enthusiasts from around the globe are expected to attend this year.

While the works are technically “nude”, they are not entirely revealing, embracing and at the same time allowing for the natural mystics of the female form to be appreciated.

The blue work is titled Aria. An aria being a musical score performed by a single vocalist. Think: opera. The second piece on display is “Left Alone,” also named after a solo bit of jazz written and performed by Archie Shepp, said Matias. The pieces remind Matias of the intangible moment between notes in a beautiful score. “In my mind, the moments are fluid, moving imperceptibly but undeniably. Like a moment between notes; empty but filled with expectation.”

Matias said he wanted to focus on anonymity, geometry, and abstraction in the works. The abstracted squares, some obvious and others more subtle are not randomly placed throughout the image. They are placed on a fibonacci curve that spirals from the focal point of each photograph. Each square resides on a fractal of the ubiquitous pattern. In “Left Alone, he adds strong geometrical compositional elements. Triangles and angles lead the eye all across the image in a dance as beautiful as the image itself. The works certainly seem stand-out and are one of a kind to us. Both works are showing at full size- a whopping six feet tall.

The art expo will be full of must see works. If you can make it, be sure to stop by Arte Collective both 345. There will be a Meet & Greet on Thursday, April 19th at 4PM where you can meet the artist firsthand and talk about his creations. If you can’t, you can view these incredible works on in the Nude Collection at Jason Matias Fine Art. You’ll want to see it on a big screen. The nudes are each limited editions of 15 pieces only.

Contact Info:
Name: Jason Matias
Email: jason@jasonmatias.com
Organization: Jason Matias Fine Art
Address: 4319 171st Place Southeast, Bellevue, Washington 98006, United States
Phone: +1-808-321-8643

For more information, please visit https://www.jasonmatias.com/

Source: PressCable

Release ID: 331760

Latest News

Britain's Prince Philip, 97, recovers after Land Rover crash

Jan 19, 2019

LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II's 97-year-old husband Prince Philip was recovering at the royal Sandringham estate after the Land Rover he was driving rolled over on its side in a collision with another vehicle. An alarming photo showing Philip's toppled black Land Rover dominated the front pages Friday of Britain's tabloids. The Daily Mirror's headline read: "Philip, 97, cheats death in crash." Buckingham Palace said Philip received a "precautionary checkup" at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn on Friday and was found to have "no injuries of concern." Witness Roy Warne told the BBC he was driving home from...

Ryanair lowers profit forecast amid tough competition

Jan 19, 2019

LONDON — Budget airline Ryanair, Europe's biggest carrier by passengers, has warned its profits will be lower than expected — the second such downgrade in four months — because of weaker fares over the winter. The company said Friday it expects full-year profit of between 1 billion euros and 1.1 billion euros, down from a range of 1.1 billion euros to 1.2 billion euros previously. It said that while traffic is up, winter fares are expected to fall 7 percent. CEO Michael O'Leary noted there was stiff competition and expects some rival budget carriers to fall out of the market....

Prince Philip, queen's husband, uninjured after car accident

Jan 19, 2019

LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II's husband, Prince Philip, was involved in a car crash Thursday while driving in rural England but was not injured. Buckingham Palace said Philip, 97, was checked by a doctor after the accident and determined to be fine. The palace said the two-car accident happened Thursday afternoon near Sandringham Estate, the queen's country retreat in eastern England. Witnesses told the BBC Philip appeared "very shocked" and shaken after the collision, which caused the Land Rover he was driving to overturn. Norfolk Police said the drivers of both cars, a Land Rover and a Kia, were given...

AP Exclusive: UN health chief orders probe into misconduct

Jan 19, 2019

LONDON — The head of the World Health Organization has ordered an internal investigation into allegations the U.N. health agency is rife with racism, sexism and corruption, after a series of anonymous emails with the explosive charges were sent to top managers last year. Three emails addressed to WHO directors — and obtained by the Associated Press — complained about "systematic racial discrimination" against African staffers and alleged other instances of wrongdoing, including claims that some of the money intended to fight Ebola in Congo was misspent. Last month, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told staffers he had instructed the...

The Latest: WHO confirms internal misconduct probe underway

Jan 19, 2019

LONDON — The Latest on misconduct allegations at the World Health Organization (all times local): 6:15 p.m. The World Health Organization has confirmed it is investigating allegations of misconduct following an Associated Press story that revealed its chief ordered an internal probe to examine explosive charges made in emails to the agency's top managers. The U.N. health agency said in a statement issued Thursday that charges of racism, sexism and corruption "are being investigated according to WHO's established procedures." The statement says the allegations had been circulating internally and addressed by WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at several staff meetings....

Sign up now!